Submissions are invited under the following criteria:
For acceptance to present at the conference, an abstract must be submitted. The abstract should:
- State the problem being addressed;
- The research methodology;
- The relevance of the paper to the theme and/or sub-theme;
- The (expected) results; and
- The conclusion.
Abstracts must be original and not submitted to other conferences or publications. Abstracts should be submitted in UK English using MS Word or equivalent format using Arial font size 10” and 1” margins, single spacing and not exceed more than 300 words. At the bottom of the body of the abstract, no more than five key words must be stated. These key words must closely reflect the content of the paper.
The 10th Caribbean Urban Forum is providing an opportunity for professionals and students to showcase their research to the wider public of experts, academics and other professionals and students.
For acceptance to present the poster at the conference, an abstract must be submitted. The abstract should (a) state the problem being addressed; (b) the research methodology; (c) the relevance of the research to the theme and/or sub-theme. Abstracts must be original and not submitted to other conferences or publications. Abstracts should be submitted in UK English using MS Word or equivalent format using Arial font size 10” and 1” margins, single spacing and not exceed more than 300 words.
Guidelines for poster preparation will be published together with the final screening of the feedback on acceptance of abstracts.
Urban Planning Projects
Presentations on urban planning projects are welcome. Such presentations must include a clear and concise project description and sample image of the urban planning project.
Project descriptions should outline the following:
- Project Location;
- Client or commissioning agency;
- Whether built or unbuilt;
- Relevance to the conference themes;
- Relevance to the Sustainable Development Goals; and
- Relevance to the particular country’s national policy context.
Projects from architectural, urban design and urban planning students are welcomed and student projects should be clearly indicated. Combined text and images of submissions should be forwarded in single page PDF format.
All Paper and Project submissions should include:
- Title of the proposed presentation;
- The sub-theme to which it relates;
- Name(s) of author(s); (no more than 3)
- Position or title of author(s);
- Author(s) employer or affiliated institution; and
- Contact details including - e-mail address, telephone/fax numbers and postal address.
Abstracts should be submitted electronically to:
Content, Editorial and Presentations Sub-Committee
Deadline: April 21, 2021.
Feedback on acceptance of abstracts will be provided by April 28, 2021.
We encourage authors to submit papers for publication in our peer reviewed conference proceedings.
Click here to download a PDF of the CUF 2021 Call for Abstracts.
CUF 2021 Local Organising Committee
- Faculty of Earth and Environmental Sciences
Leslie P. Cummings Building
University of Guyana, Turkeyen Campus
- (592) 642-6974